Freitag, 31. Januar 2014

Chicago

HEEEY!

Finally I have time to write my post about Chicago and a little about New Years!
So three days before New Years Day, a friend of mine took me to Chicago with her, it was a really spontaneous decision but I don't regret it at all! I totally fell in love with the city the moment I saw the skyscrapers appearing in front of us. The city is reaaaaally big and it was the first time for me to ever be in one of those typical American cities. Chicago is the third largest city in the United States, after New York and Los Angeles,  by the way.
Well we stayed in a very nice hotel, a Hilton hotel, but no we're not rich she said she got a special deal and it really isn't much, I am still very thankful. The first day when we arrived we actually just went around in the city and especially went into the big shopping mall right in the middle, it is a huuuuuge mall and they had like a big light hanging down from the top to the bottom, everything in Christmas spirit decorated and for dinner we went to the Cheesecake Factory, yummyyy. The second day we first got breakfast in a little place right next to the Cheesecake Factory, then, my highlight, we went up the Hancock Tower which is about 1300 ft high, the view was amazing, I will try to attach some pictures, and after that we drove to the Shedd Aquarium , I loved the dolphin show and seeing the big tank downstairs with all the sharks and fish. In the afternoon we made a quick stop at the Silverbean and then we had the typical pizza, I can just say it looks like a cake and I was only able to eat two pieces because it/s seriously soooo much. I was really sad that night knowing that I would have to leave again the next day the city is just all in all totally wonderful.
Before we left we had breakfast at iHop and said goodbye to my friend's son who was with us all the time. I am so thankful and grateful for being able to experience the feeling of a big city and to see all the sights, it was a great trip and I just loved it. My friend's name is Mrs. Charls by the way and she is a teacher at my school, she was a foreign exchange student in Germany years ago and I get along with her more than well I would say, she's a lovely person and I love spending time with her, even if she's an adult and I'm not. Without her I wouldn't have had the chance to go to the beautiful city Chicago.

When I came home I actually just grabbed my stuff and went to my sister's friend's house, it was fun but different. We didn't have a lot of fireworks, actually kind of none which I reeeeaaally missed and I wasn't able to go to a party with my friends like I would usually do. It was also weird to not have my friends around and my family at that point I somehow would have wished for them to be here and being able to give them all a hug because I do miss and love them, but it was still a great experience and I had a lot of fun with my new friends here now which I already love too!








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen